Saturday, June 24, 2017

Techno Ressurection

Living in a world of image overload.....and technology. Existing images are reworked, overworked to manipulate the eye into thinking they are new. Old pictures become new again thanks to filters, colors and digital fidgeting.

These new images scrambles our eye-to-brain coordination, making it difficult to see, with clarity, exactly what's going on.

Preconceived notions of what is beautiful and what is not are challenged.
 
What was once the norm....every line, every element carefully drawn or photographed.... is now the exception. Today, "normal" has a bit of trash mixed in. It is bleached out, ripped, scrubbed, stonewashed, recolored, remixed.....

 It is subject to a new world order which has us reconsidering everything in a new light....or the absence of light.

 Thoughts are often abstract....trapping us within the prisms of our own convictions.

The "truth" is no longer relevant. It doesn't matter what I see. I see what I want to see. Period!

I feel what I want to feel. It is my way or the highway. Everyone else must get out of the way! This is "my" world and you must conform.

The flower power generation are a bunch of crazies who won't give up their rose colored glasses. Who needs love and compassion when it's all about money and power! Do I really need a garden. I have rocks.

I can wrap myself in my own cocoon. But I'm feeling alone.....

 I tell myself I can be whatever I want to be and do whatever I want to do. But is the rest of the world on board with me?

At some point real reality will come crashing back down to earth. Current events will, sooner or later, serve to open our eyes to see what's real and what really counts. Alternative facts are lies. "Me, myself and I" as a concept is not sustainable. No amount of technological manipulation will ever replace the truth!

2 comments:

  1. Nie bardzo znam się na sztuce...mogę tylko powiedzieć, że w obrazach kryje się niezwykła tajemniczość. Takie formy przekazu można dowolnie interpretować i pewnie każdy zobaczy w nich coś innego. Niemniej, temat lalek zawarty w kolorach jest bardzo interesujący :-)
    Pozdrawiam serdecznie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olla wrote: I do not know much about art ... I can only say that there is an extraordinary mystery in the paintings. Such forms of communication can be freely interpreted and probably everyone will see something different in them. Nevertheless, the subject of dolls in the colors is very interesting :-)

      Thank you, Olla. These are Tonner dolls and I not only find them beautiful, but they inspire me to do more than simply dress them. With such perfect models at its base, I am prompted to explore the art of photography in many of its forms. I suppose the object is to touch the emotions of those who view them. Here, I have discovered new software which transforms my original photos into something new and different. As I explore this new medium, I will post the outcome of my experiments.
      Best wishes

      Delete